ProMass Support Information
Downloads and Updates
- ProMass Deconvolution ver. 2.8.2 for Xcalibur was released October 3, 2012! ProMass 2.8.2 has been tested to be compatible with Xcalibur versions 2.0.7 and later (including 2.2). This is a free update to all existing users of ProMass for Xcalibur. Download the new version from the link below. ProMass Deconvolution v. 2.8 is part number OPTON-20885, available from your Thermo Fisher Scientific MS sales representative.
- Download the latest version of ProMass for Xcalibur, version 2.8.2.
- If you are running any version of Xcalibur prior to Xcalibur 2.0.7 (versions 1.2 through 2.0.6), you can still download ProMass v. 2.8.0 here, which is compatible with older versions of Xcalibur.
- Access the ProMass page on the Thermo website.
- Read the release notes for ProMass v. 2.8.
- View PDF ProMass training slides.
How to Obtain a Demo License
- Download and install the ProMass software.
- Launch the ProMass software to obtain the software license screen.
- Use the Copy button (or Ctrl-C) to copy the installation key to the clipboard
- Paste (or Ctrl-V) the installation key into an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ProMass for Xcalibur demo license request”.
- Your demo key will be returned to you via email. The trial has the full product functionality, but expires after a fixed number of deconvolutions.
- Have fun!
ProMass v. 2.8.2 Highlights
- Support for versions of Xcalibur from 2.0.7 to 2.2
- Compatible with Windows 7, 32 and 64-bit versions
- Automated deconvolution mode enhancements:
- Automatic identification of terminal (3′ or 5′) or internal fragments from oligonucleotide sequences
- Support for identifying fragments from multiple oligo sequences (e.g., duplexes)
- Improved support for specifying modified oligonucleotides
- Support for “fuzzy” target masses such as PTM’s
- Dynamic sorting of columns in web-based reports
- Ability to specify discreet retention time regions of spectral background subtraction
- Target mass purity estimation computed from deconvolution peak intensities and chromatogram area percents
- Ability to limit number of deconvoluted spectra by chromatogram area percent or MS intensity
- XML output
A detailed list of changes is available on the release notes page.
- ProMass comes with a complete set of on-line help and a PDF User’s Guide. This is often the fastest way to find an answer to your question. On-line help is available from the application or the Windows Start Menu under Start | Programs | ProMass for Xcalibur | ProMass Help. The PDF ProMass User’s Guide is also available from the Windows Start Menu. The current version of on-line help is also available by clicking here.
- Xcalibur 2.1 or 2.2 Installation Notes: Please make sure that the Thermo Xcalibur XDK is installed. If the XDK is not installed, the automation features of ProMass will not work properly if you attempt to process data from the sample list. To install the XDK, locate your Xcalibur CD, click the Xcalibur 2.1 or 2.2 button in the installation program, then click the Modify button. You can then select to install the XDK if it is unchecked in the Select Features dialog box.
- If you purchased ProMass from Thermo, contact technical support at:
Telephone 1-800-685-9535 Fax 1-561-688-8736 email@example.com
We are interested in making ProMass an essential tool for your biomolecule research. We want to make sure that we are delivering all of the features that you want while ensuring the highest product quality. Feel free to email us to provide feedback. Thank you for using ProMass.