ProMass Support Information
- 01-Apr-2016: New versions of ProMass have been released are now available! These include new versions for both Thermo Xcalibur and Waters MassLynx, as well as new high resolution processing tools available with ProMass HR.
- New versions of ProMass are no longer activated via a software license key. Effective April 1, 2016 license keys for previous versions of ProMass will no longer be issued. This affects ProMass for Xcalibur 2.8.5 or earlier users and ProMass for MassLynx 1.0 users who have previously activated their software and need to reactivate the software for any reason (disk crash, move to a new computer, etc.) Reactivation of a previously-activated ProMass product will require an upgrade to our new license mechanism which includes a USB hardware key.
- Please contact us for an upgrade quote or with any other questions.
How to demo ProMass for the Web
- Click here to be redirected to our demo site, ProMass for the Web
- Once you reach the website, click “Sign Up”, create an account, and start deconvoluting!
- Have fun!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Previous Version Information
- Note: If you have a previously activated copy of ProMass and need a new license key (due to a disk crash, new computer, etc.), please contact us to upgrade to the latest version of ProMass. The old software licensing scheme is no longer supported. You can continue to use your activated copy of ProMass for as long as you like, but requests for a replacement license will require upgrading to the new version of ProMass.
- ProMass Deconvolution ver. 2.8.5 for Xcalibur was released February 2, 2015. ProMass 2.8.5 has been tested to be compatible with Xcalibur versions 2.0.7 – 3.0. This is a free update for existing users of ProMass for Xcalibur who have an activated ProMass license. Download version 2.8.5 from the link below. ProMass Deconvolution v. 2.8 is part number OPTON-20885, available from ThermoFisher Scientific.
- Download ProMass for Xcalibur 2.8.5.
- If you are running any version of Xcalibur prior to Xcalibur 2.0.7 (versions 1.2 through 2.0.6), you can still download ProMass v. 2.8.0 here, which is compatible with older versions of Xcalibur.
- Access the ProMass page on the Thermo website.
- Read the release notes for ProMass v. 2.8.
- View PDF ProMass training slides.
- Compatible with Windows 7, 32 and 64-bit versions
- Support for versions of Xcalibur from 2.0.7 to 3.0
A detailed list of changes is available on the release notes page.
- ProMass comes with a complete set of on-line help and a PDF User’s Guide. This is often the fastest way to find an answer to your question. On-line help is available from the application via the Help menu from the ProMass main application window or the Windows Start Menu under Start | Programs | ProMass for Xcalibur | ProMass Help. The PDF ProMass User’s Guide is also available from the Windows Start Menu.
- Xcalibur 2.1 or later Installation Notes: Please make sure that the Thermo Xcalibur Development Kit (XDK) is installed. If the XDK is not installed, the automation features of ProMass will not work properly if you attempt to process data from the sample list. To install the XDK, locate your Xcalibur CD, click the Xcalibur button in the installation program, then click the Modify button. You can then select to install the XDK if it is unchecked in the Select Features dialog box.
- If you purchased ProMass from Novatia, feel free to contact us for technical support.
- If you purchased ProMass from Thermo, contact technical support at:
Telephone 1-800-685-9535 Fax 1-561-688-8736 email@example.com
We are interested in making ProMass an essential tool for your biomolecule research. We want to make sure that we are delivering all of the features that you want while ensuring the highest product quality. Feel free to email us to provide feedback. Thank you for using ProMass.