- Excellent mass accuracy, typically ± 0.01% (i.e., 1 Da in 10 kDa)
- Mass resolution better than MALDI, particularly for large proteins (>20 kDa)
- Applicable to large proteins, including intact antibodies
- Methods for detailed profiling and/or high-throughput MW determination are available.
- Chromatographic separation often reveals components not seen by MALDI or direct injection ESI.
- Unparalleled ProMass ESI spectral deconvolution technology
- Our system can analyze proteins in high concentrations of salts, buffers, or other contaminants.
- Backed by over 25 years experience in biological mass spectrometry
- We also specialize in oligonucleotide characterization.
- Confirm MWs of target proteins
- Monitor production of biomolecule therapeutic products
- Validate sample integrity before using proteins in costly high-throughput screening or structural biology studies
- Screen for possible post-translational modifications
- Measure the number of covalent modifications in antibody-drug conjugates
- Assess sample heterogeneity or effectiveness of purification methods
- Compare proteins from different production lots for consistency
- Bioprocess impurity profiling and troubleshooting