- Error messages when clicking on database reference on the SEQUEST summary page
- Fixes for known SEQUEST problems. If you think you have found a problem with SEQUEST/TurboSEQUEST, there may be a fix. Go here to see if a recent solution is available.
SEQUEST Browser Tips:
- Running SEQUEST from Qual Browser vs. SEQUEST Browser
- How to change the SEQUEST browser data directory – Contrary to popular belief, you can change where the SEQUEST browser looks for raw data files. Here’s how.
- Sequest Browser Run Summary Bug Fix – Fix a bug that affects some of the SEQUEST browser controls with Internet Explorer.
- Configuring the SEQUEST Browser Server – Go here to make sure your server software is configured properly.
- Securing your SEQUEST Browser – Learn how to change your web server properties to add security to your SEQUEST browser site.
- Interactive SEQUEST Browser Summary Page – Confused about SEQUEST output? Study our interactive clickable summary page and you’ll be a SEQUEST captain in no time.
For more information check out:
- The SEQUEST site at Scripps
- The SEQUEST patent
- The original SEQUEST manuscript: “An Approach to Correlate Tandem Mass Spectral Data of Peptides with Amino Acid Sequences in a Protein Database”, Eng, J.; McCormack, A.L.; Yates, J.R., III. J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 1994, 5, 976-989
- A good general review article: “Mining Genomes with MS”, Yates, J.R., III.; McCormack, A.L.; Eng, J.; Anal. Chem.1996, 68(17), 534A-540A
- Add ProMass automated biomolecular weight determination to your proteomics capabilities!