Introducing the first fully-automated systems for oligonucleotide LC/MS!
The Oligo HTCS family of instruments are the only LC/MS systems designed to automate every aspect of oligonucleotide mass spectral analysis. The HTCS takes care of sample injection, desalting, detection, as well as data processing and reporting. With a sample throughput of up to 3000 samples/24 hrs, no LC/MS system on the planet is as productive as the Oligo HTCS. The HTCS allows you to characterize long (>120mers) or fragile oligos that are not amenable to MALDI-ToF. In fact, the HTCS is the only fully-automated MS system which can effectively QC oligos to be used in longmer DNA microarrays. Just as easily, the HTCS can also perform detailed LC/UV/MS profiling on your high-value oligos to give you full information about impurities, degradants, and failure products. Our ProMass software ties it all together, allowing you to process and communicate your results effortlessly.
- Oligonucleotide manufacturing quality control
- Diagnostic oligonucleotides
- Oligo therapeutics
- RNA and RNAi
|96-well plate view and mass spectrum of a 120-mer oligo acquired with the Oligo HTCS
Mass = 37031 Da, Mass Error = 0.6 Da
A choice of system configurations is available. Simply choose an appropriate system that is matched to your throughput, applications, and budget requirements.
- The standard Oligo HTCS Ultimate is truly a unique system for oligonucleotide analysis. The system will analyze 1500 samples/24 hrs in high-throughput mode, but has the flexibility to be automatically switched from high-throughput to detailed LC/MS profiling mode from within a sample list run. The HTCS is also fully upgradeable to our HTCS Twin system when you need more throughput.
- The Oligo HTCS Twin Ultimate is designed for those who need the highest possible throughput and highest quality in oligonucleotide mass analysis. The Twin system employs a dual-arm autosampler to achieve a throughput of >3000 samples/24 hrs in mass confirmation mode.
Features & Benefits
All of our Oligo HTCS systems offer the following:
- Analyze oligos from n=1 to n>120 bases in length
- Analyze oligos that are difficult or impossible to analyze by MALDI-ToF, including long oligos (>50 bases), oligos with labile chemical moieties (e.g., BHQ’s), poly-T’s, hairpin oligos, etc.
- Perfect for the QC of long oligos to be used in DNA microarrays or other applications
- Analyzes both DNA and RNA oligos, particularly useful for analysis of siRNA oligos, including duplex oligos containing high salt concentrations
- Routine mass accuracy of 0.01% (1 Da in 10 kDa) across entire mass range of oligos analyzed
- Automated analysis includes built-in desalting for each oligo analyzed
- Analysis throughput 1500 samples/24 hrs (3000 samples/24 hrs with Twin configuration)
- Less expensive to operate (per sample) than high-throughput chip-based MALDI-ToF systems
- Detailed profiling mode provides full information about impurities, failure sequences, and degradants
- ProMass software processes entire sample lists without user intervention. ASAP processing allows automated data processing after each sample is analyzed (i.e., real-time processing)
- Web-based results summary including color-coded sample browser viewable from any web-browser
- Excel-based sample list import and results summary
- XML output aides in capturing results for LIMS or database
Choice of Two Different HT Platforms!
|Oligo HTCS UltiMate system, featuring: the LTQ-XL mass spectrometer, Vanquish or UltiMate 3000 HPLC, and HTC-PAL-xt autosampler|
|Oligo HTCS Twin UltiMate system, featuring: the LTQ-XL mass spectrometer, UltiMate 3000 HPLC, and Twin HTS-PAL-xt autosampler|
What’s Included with the Oligo HTCS
The Oligo HTCS includes everything you need to characterize your oligos using either high-throughput or detailed LC/MS methods. We install the system, provide detailed training for your users, and guarantee your success with the application. As part of the package, we provide ready-to-run methods for both high-throughput analysis and detailed LC/UV/MS profiling of oligos. Our standard Oligo HTCS package includes:
- LTQ-XL LC/MS system from Thermo Scientific
- Vanquish UHPLC or Ultimate 3000 HPLC system with dual gradient pump(s) and UV detector from Thermo Scientific
- LEAP CTC single or Twin PAL-xt autosampler, with high-pressure injector valve(s), DLW wash system(s), and your choice of 6×96 deep well or 12×96 shallow well sample cooling compartment(s) standard
- Novatia ProMass oligonucleotide data processing software package
- Instrument methods for on-line desalting using dual trap column desalting platform for maximum throughput (1500 samples/24 hrs or >3000 samples/24 hrs for Twin system)
- Instrument methods for detailed LC/MS profiling analysis
- Oligo HTCS applications pack, includes a supply of analytical and desalting columns, buffer conditions, and method files
- Installation, training, system documentation, and full application support including a one year warranty
- Fully configurable to suit your analysis and budget requirements, including configurations for users with existing Thermo LC/MS systems
Who uses the Oligo HTCS?
Oligo HTCS systems are in use world wide in DNA/RNA manufacturing and pharmaceutical research environments. Some of our users include:
Info & News
- Download the Oligo HTCS brochure (PDF)
- Oligo HTCS System Details (PDF)
- Oligo HTCS Frequently Asked Questions
- Automated LC/MS Strategies for High-Throughput and Detailed Analysis of Oligonucleotides (PDF), presented at TIDES 2007
- IDT to use the Oligo HTCS for longmer oligo QC
- High-Throughput Analysis of Oligonucleotides using Automated Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry (PDF), presented at ASMS 2003
- See our article in American Biotechnology Laboratory (PDF)
- Contact us for more information