ProMass: Orders and Support
- Order Here and get your copy of ProMass for Xcalibur or ProMass for Sciex. You’ll be able to purchase a brand new copy of ProMass, or upgrade to the latest version of ProMass if you already own a previous version!
- If you need to purchase or upgrade a copy of ProMass for MassLynx for a Waters instrument, contact your local Waters representative.
- ProMass for Shimadzu is available from Shimadzu Scientific.
- New versions of ProMass are no longer activated via a software license key. Effective April 1, 2016 license keys for previous versions of ProMass will no longer be issued. This affects ProMass for Xcalibur 2.8.5 or earlier users and ProMass for MassLynx 1.0 users who have previously activated their software and need to reactivate the software for any reason (disk crash, move to a new computer, etc.) Reactivation of a previously-activated ProMass product will require an upgrade to our new license mechanism which includes a USB hardware key.
- Generic quotes are available for download before purchasing ProMass. Follow the above link to the ProMass order form to get a generic quote. Please contact us for a customer-specific quote.
- ProMass comes with a complete set of on-line help and a PDF User’s Guide. This is often the fastest way to find an answer to your question. On-line help is available from the application via the Help menu from the ProMass main application window or the Windows Start Menu under Start | Programs | ProMass for Xcalibur | ProMass Help. The PDF ProMass User’s Guide is also available from the Windows Start Menu.
- View PDF ProMass training slides. Pages 1-13 provide background on how ProMass works and why it’s so useful. Starting at page 14, you can see a visual guide to using the software.
- There are several tutorial videos available for help with ProMass HR as well as general features of ProMass output reports.
- Xcalibur 2.1 or later Installation Notes: Please make sure that the Thermo Xcalibur Development Kit (XDK) is installed. If the XDK is not installed, the automation features of ProMass will not work properly if you attempt to process data from the sample list. To install the XDK, locate your Xcalibur CD, click the Xcalibur button in the installation program, then click the Modify button. You can then select to install the XDK if it is unchecked in the Select Features dialog box.
- If you purchased ProMass from Novatia, feel free to contact us for technical support.
- Note for Xcalibur 4.1 and later: These versions of Xcalibur contain a bug which causes the error message “Calibration file not specified” to appear when a user attempts to perform qualitative processing. Click this text to download a folder containing instructions in a Word document as well as an executable file to resolve the issue.
Upgrades and Previous Version Information
- Note: If you have a previously activated copy of ProMass without the hardware key and need a new license key (due to a disk crash, new computer, etc.), please follow the link at the top of the page to upgrade to the latest version of ProMass. The old software licensing scheme is no longer supported. You can continue to use your activated copy of ProMass for as long as you like, but requests for a replacement software license will require upgrading to the new version of ProMass with the USB hardware key.
- You can determine which version you have, by selecting Help | About ProMass… menu item from the ProMass Home Page. The latest version of the software is downloadable from web link that is indicated the software certificate that came with your USB hardware key.
- A detailed list of changes is available on the release notes page.
How to access ProMass for the Web
- Click Here to be redirected to our online deconvolution service, ProMass for the Web.
- Once you reach the website, click “Sign Up”, create an account, and start deconvoluting!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
We are interested in making ProMass an essential tool for your biomolecule research. We want to make sure that we are delivering all of the features that you want while ensuring the highest product quality. Feel free to email us to provide feedback. Thank you for using ProMass.